In case you haven’t noticed, the holidays are just around the corner. As I think I’ve mentioned before, my birthday happens to fall on December 24th, so this time of year is particularly exciting for me. Because I have two gift-giving occasions on two consecutive days, my family has already started requesting gift ideas. Of course, I’m happy to oblige 🙂 Here’s the list I’ve compiled (so far):
- striped turtleneck t-shirt: Truth be told, I spent much of my childhood absolutely hating turtlenecks; we had way too many family photos of my sisters and me in matching ones. (*shudder*) Over the past year or so, I’ve come around on my feelings toward turtlenecks, however–they can be such versatile layering pieces during the winter. Plus, I never met a stripe I didn’t like!
- alternating clusters necklace: Although I have a decent number of necklaces in my jewelry collection, I really don’t have much in the way of sparkle. I really like this necklace from JCF, and even better, there’s a set of coordinating earrings 🙂
- classic metro watch: As you might have surmised by now, the only piece of jewelry I really wear consistently is a watch. Bearing that in mind, I like to invest a bit more in my watch purchases. I like the mother of pearl face on this Kate Spade one, and I feel like it’s classic enough style that I could wear it for many years to come.
- leopard clutch: Technically, I already own a leopard clutch that I got second-hand a while back. It functions fine, but it’s not made from quality materials, and the hardware is quite scuffed up. I’d like to upgrade to this leather calf-hair version.
- blackwatch plaid scarf: I’m having a bit of a moment with blackwatch plaid these days. I already own a blazer and a pair of pants in the pattern, so naturally a scarf is next in line. Plus, I like the option of monogramming on this Lands’ End option.
- red cardigan: This sweater would be another replacement item. I already own a red cardigan, but again, it was a second-hand purchase via ThredUp (<–get $20 off your first order!). It functioned fine for the first two years I owned it, but it’s now starting to pill. The Clare cardigan has always served me well in the past, so I figured this would be a quality replacement.
What are you eyeing this holiday season?