As I mentioned when I was wrapping up my most recent Take One, Pass It On series, I’ve been interested in participating in some sort of closet remixing for the fall. Coincidentally, Alex from The Cheerful Closet graciously invited me to take part in something we’re calling the Common Threads Challenge. Here’s the deal:
I have teamed up with five other bloggers to create a brand-new wardrobe remix concept called the Common Threads Challenge. During the month of October, we will be taking on this new challenge together and we would LOVE for you to join us!
- Alex—The Cheerful Closet
- Maricel—My Closet Catalogue
- Whitney—Whitney a la mode
- Carrie—A Stylish Fit
- Ada—Elegance and Mommyhood
- Caroline—Tasteful Style
- Choose five specific pieces from your closet –for example, one pair of shoes, one blazer, one skirt, one dress, and one blouse. Try not to choose multiple items in the same category (e.g. two pairs of shoes, two shirts, etc.)
- For the duration of the challenge, at least one of those pieces must be used in every single outfit. The rest of your closet is fair game!
- Instead of limiting your options to a small segment of your closet like you would for a normal remix, the goal is to really stretch your creativity in how those five pieces. Document your daily outfits to keep track of the different ways you wear each of your pieces!
How to Participate:
This challenge is open to EVERYONE, not just bloggers! Our vision is to create a community where we can support each other in our goal to make the most out of the closet we already have! Here are some ways you can participate:
- For the bloggers out there, we will have a weekly linkup that goes live on each of our blogs every Wednesday during the challenge. You can post a weekly recap on your blogs each week, and link up those recaps!
- We have opened a private Facebook group for challenge participants to provide support and encouragement to each other! We want to see your daily outfits, ideas for remixing your pieces, or any questions or trouble you’re having! Join the group here.
- Share your looks with us on Instagram using the hashtag #commonthreadschallenge!
The challenge will formally begin on Sunday, October 1. Our first linkup will be held on Wednesday, October 4 where we will be sharing the pieces we chose for the challenge. We will continue with weekly outfit recaps each Wednesday and wrap up with our final linkup on Wednesday, November 1!